Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Peace Vigil # 48, December 18, 2007

The weather was damp and cool, not too cold and no wind. probably 20-25 degrees. Overcast when we started and a little sleet coming down, but it cleared up somewhat in the hour we were there and the sliver of moon was evident. A lot of traffic. many honks and waves. One guy gave us the finger.

Three pedestrians walked by and stopped to chat a bit. One complimented the Peace Sign flag and wanted to talk about Global warming. Another just said we were doing a good thing. The third, a fellow named Bill who used to be there every Tuesday, just said he didn't know we were still out there on Tuesdays. He asked us to call him and remind him and he'll join us. He asked me to do that before and I have forgotten to call him. It was good to see him back around town. Bill asked whether ot not we will be out there next week. Tuesday is Christmas Day. I answered, "Yes, I'll be here."

All in all there were on;y three of us doing the Peace Vigil today, and the three pedestrians. Another friend I talked to in the Black Cat Coffee Shop yesterday morning told me that she admired the fact that we stood there every Tuesday and appreciated it. That was nice to hear.

I made a new pole for my American Flag. It is much easier to handle than the old one.

Not very exciting, but I guess that's okay. It's better to have a mundane protest than to be shot at or something.

Peace to All

4 comments:

Queenie said...

Seen you at Ramblings from Nowhere, and being nosey came for a peek. Great work your doing here my friend, I support your work, great blog

Queenie said...

Seen you at Ramblings from Nowhere, and being nosey came for a peek. Great work your doing here my friend, I support your work, great blog

Queenie said...

Whoops!!

Mary said...

You're my hero!